Saturday, August 20, 2005

FourThings

SHALOM!
This group mail contains four sections: 1. a personal reflection, 2. A Word for the Body of Believers, 3. A very cool testimony of God’s crazy goodness, and 4. A relevant word about Israel.
1.)
Has anyone besides me ever failed God in sin before, and were sure that He couldn’t use you? Have you ever been thoughtless or reckless, doing damage? Seems frequent in my life. Yet somehow He continues to. But why?
Following a time of extended travel, and before more, have (recently) returned from several days alone with The Lord, really seeking Him at a Monastery here in my home state of Georgia, U.S.A.
It sounds spiritual. But was at first difficult for me initially to just chill out; to be still, and attempt to get to know Him. I thought I’d go crazy.
The first day free of distractions was almost madness, as every unclean thing in me seemed to come up at once, overwhelmingly- all of my many failures, the pain and hurt, and revelations about remaining unforgiveness, etc., of my life, are so undeniable recently in particular.
I’ve been crying out to God for Mercy a lot more of late.
And then I remember- Oh yeah, it’s all about His Grace.
With my eyes off of me; onto Jesus, I’m beginning to be able to see beyond my own selfishness; into needs of others.
I wish I didn’t sin, you know? It’s better than it’s ever been- yet the things which didn’t use to bother me, seem to grieve me profoundly now. I have to keep my eyes on Him though, because no matter what, He is Faithful (even if or when we’re not).
2.)
O.K. Here’s a word for us all in The Body: As I've learned from my Catholic brothers and sisters, we are One in His Holy Spirit, if we are truly know Jesus (Yeshua), regardless of our differences of theology (theology is the study of God, vs. WHO He actually is- which He alone, reveals if we desire to know Him). We are family (Mishpochah in Hebrew).
We must be in fellowship with the whole Body of Christ- this means that we all have something to bring to the Table. We start by loving each other, you know?
God has had me as a needle and thread, all over the world, and lately the U.S. again, in many states, and in Canada, weaving into many parts of the Church- His Body- from Catholic to Protestant, Jew to Gentile, Presbyterian to Pentecostal, Evangelical to Traditional, Messianic to Arab Christian, White to Black to Hispanic (plus a host of good ministries in between), and believe me, we desperately need each other.
Very soon coming days will reveal this, as we see things altered by natural and supernatural events, as per the Words of Jesus Christ (Yeshua, Ha Mashiach in Hebrew), clearly predicting these Last Days.
The question is, "Are we prepared?" The answer: “Not yet…”
We have to be known as His by Our Love- those are the very Words of Jesus, HimSelf. Pride would attempt to prevent this. God resists pride (which goes before destruction- and a haughty spirit before a fall).
A demonic spirit of religion and pride asserts itself via division, saying that, "Our [whatever it is] is the only way, or at least, the best".
Nothing but nothing takes the place of relationship with The LORD. And nothing evidences that we are in Him except His love flowing through us. And it’s said that we become like that which we worship.
God gives different sections of His Body a certain grace in that He reveals a portion here and there of His Nature. But it is not for selfish purposes- or- God forbid- for marketing- never! No one has a copyright on His Favour- He loves all equally.
But not everyone loves Him.
None of us can do this solo.
We are facing times of absolute housecleaning in The Body of Believers.
Judgement is at the door. Persecution prunes us whether it’s via individual suffering, or collective suffering. There’s no such thing as “no cost relationships”- especially regarding matters of Faith.
Too many ministries are too busy with God-like activities- a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof- because it can be inconvenient and costly- and it requires humility- and The Power is that of The Holy Spirit evidenced in LOVE, and demonstrated practically.
And charity begins at home. If we aren’t growing where we’re planted, how can we possibly expect to grow elsewhere? If I’m not the real deal at home, what the hell am I doing going to other places? If I don't have the Fruit of the Spirit (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Goodness, Self-Control) as I interact with people who don't know God yet, then I'm just noise.
Example: Have been recently visiting the folks.
Yesterday, had so many "ministry" or "spiritual" things to do, but the Lord said, “O.K., wash the dishes- and make soup.” What? Me? Must not be God- I don’t want to do that! Besides, I burned two bags of popcorn in the micron lately.
Yet, that was His Divine Will for me for that moment- it’s always practical application- that’s what love is- Mom needed a break yesterday. I'm glad I obeyed. Didn't feel like it at first, but I obeyed.
To summarize: We fail; nonetheless God is Good. Want to be spiritual? Be practical. Humility goes a long way. By Grace we are saved through faith- and that’s not us- it’s God’s Gift to us- not about works, or we’d boast about it.
3.)
A Cool Story:
(Also) yesterday, made a phone call by accident- got the “wrong” ministry, but ended up talking to and praying with a cool girl for about 10 minutes about Israel, and how she, too, is inexplicably grieved at recent withdrawal from Gaza.
She recommended that I call her Jewish friend, Steve.
So I call him, he wanted to get together for eats before he heads out to NY -which we did.
Afterward, I ask him about playing violin for older people in assisted living homes, since I had taken my violin with- he directs me to this place there in North Atlanta, so I go in to check about it.
There’s a group of people sitting there at this Assisted Living place- gathered around the piano, as if waiting on me. They asked me how I knew to come there on Thursday night at 7PM- their weekly musical get-together. I had to be honest.
I said, “God sent me.” So I end up playing “Ha Tikvah”- the Israeli national anthem, and it turns out one of the couples there was Jewish- Mr. and Mrs. Grossman, from Long Island, NY- who were deeply touched by God.
Please pray for continued relationships with all of these sweet older people- and for opportunities to share God’s incredible Love through Yeshua with His People.
4.)
A WORD ABOUT ISRAEL: Many I’m sure are experiencing this same almost inexplicable sadness or grief about what is currently taking place in The Holy Land of Israel. Some may not understand what exactly is at stake. To be certain, I do not. But we must pray for God's Will to be done.
As I’ve said previously, God loves all equally, but His People, The Jews- are admittedly the Very Apple of His Eye- and He's spoken very specifically to those who would bless them- that He will bless them (both individually, and nationally).
And to the morons who curse His People, they will themselves be cursed- individually; nationally.
Incidentally, it is impossible to have a true relationship with The Lord and hate His children. Especially His People Israel.
God has given Two Covenants regarding Israel- to the Jewish people.
This first Covenant is an unconditional Divine Land Grant, given through Abraham to his descendants Isaac, and Jacob, and reconfirmed six significant times throughout Scripture e.g. Psalms (105). This is an irrevocable and unconditional Covenant to the Jews.
The Second Covenant is a conditional one- based on obedience to live according to the commandments that God has given us all.
Ironically one of the shocking things about living in Israel, was that it is for the most part, a very secular or humanistic (even hedonistic) culture. The current Sharon government, as have been most in Israel’s tenure, is humanistic- in other words, believing in the goodness of man vs. what God says about man being essentially evil- fallen- and thus needing His Redemption through His Son, The Messiah, Yeshua, Jesus Christ.
As Bible teacher (very reputable) Dave Reagan asserts, it’d be as if we were given an automobile by our parent(s), and that title of the car was put in our name, but the use of it depended upon our keeping the traffic laws, or driving responsibly.
Violating those rules, would put the car in the garage out of our reach- so that we could not enjoy the benefit thereof.
So how do we come to a consensus spiritually about a very politically controversial subject? What does the Word say?
Recently in particular, God is saying to me, “Get out of the headlines, and into the heavenlies in prayer.” Media sensationalises or even slants events.
I saw this very clearly while once in Jerusalem, and NBC New York wanted to interview me, provided I would say that I was disgruntled against Israel. I had to later repent regarding my answer and opinion about that- so that I'd go to Heaven.
"The Terrorists best friend" I always say about the media- because the two cannot thrive without the other.
Listen, If we say we love God, then we have to follow in His (non-political) footsteps of a Higher Calling- LOVE. Love is not political. Or boastful; opinionated, rude, angry, impatient, etc.
Politics are never really the issue. I have as many Democrat friends, as I do Republicans. What am I? I have friends who are Protestant, and Catholic, Jewish and Muslim. Who am I?
I am simply The Lord’s. That’s all that matters. Politicians can deceive. Certainly religion can.
Deception is growing in our world. The system of this world itself is deceived; deceiving.
We must know from God what to do; how to pray.
But first of all, we must know that we know that He loves us.
Otherwise, nothing works.
Do you know that today?
GOD LOVES YOU.

reuel